How often has a lack of self-confidence, or a feeling of inadequacy, stopped us from doing something awesome?
I would guess that for lots of us, this feeling of inadequacy stopped us from:
- Putting ourselves into uncomfortable social situations were we might make new friends or start dating
- Starting a new business, creating a book or art, putting our ideas out there into the world
- Sticking to a new exercise, diet or meditation habit because we messed up (confirmation that we can’t do it, right?)
- Learning something new and amazing, like a new skill, because we might embarrass ourselves
- Being confident as we socialize with others (perhaps in the rare cases we do socialize) — a lack of confidence which might make them less interested in us
I’ve experienced all of this myself, and I know many people who know this lack of self-confidence and feeling of inadequacy very well.
It can plague all areas of our lives. And learning to feel worthy, learning a confidence in ourselves … it can change everything.
This month, I’ve created a new course in my Sea Change membership program: The Amazing Self-Confidence Habit.
I believe that self-confidence is a mental habit that we can develop. And I believe that its opposite, the feeling of inadequacy, is a set of mental habits that we’ve developed since we were young — habits that we can train out of ourselves, with diligence (and forgiveness if we mess up).
So what’s this course about?
It’s about becoming aware of our old mental patterns that sabotage our happiness, social life, habits and more. It’s about retraining our minds with new mental habits that will make us more confident in ourselves. And how to apply that to all other habits, learning new skills, and more.
Here are the video lessons — the first one just came out:
- How Feeling Inadequate Affects Everything
- How to Train the Mental Habit of Confidence
- See & Interpret: The Key Mental Skills
- Keys to Developing Mental Habits
- The Confidence Habit Makes You Better at All Habits
- Being Present Instead of Stuck in Our Story
- Confidence Through Skill Mastery
- Continuing Practice Beyond the Course
Here’s how it works:
- Every week this month I’ll publish two video lessons
- There’s a challenge to spend 5-10 minutes each day to working on one of the skills presented in the video lessons
- There are weekly check-in threads in the forum and discussion threads for each lesson
- I’ll hold a live video webinar on with a talk and a Q&A session on Sept. 13
This is all included in my Sea Change Program, which you can sign up for today. You also get access to a huge library of other courses and content for changing your life, one step at a time. I hope you’ll join me, I’m really excited!